Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Month of Wally-love: Day 19

Today was gray and rainy, both outside and in my head, so my camera didn't make it out during the daylight. Wally and I attended our all-school meeting in the evening, and the combination of the speaker and time with friends, helped improve my mood significantly. That and watching Wally entertain several rows of moms with his smiles. When we got home, Wally was crying, hungry and tired, and I couldn't see how I would get my photo of the day in. He fell asleep nursing and I wasn't going to wake him just to get a photo (if it had been earlier, I would have, but this was at 10:30pm), so I decided that today would be the day when we'd snap (with Trevor's help) a nursing shot.

Those of you who know me are probably shocked that this is the first real nursing shot I've had taken. Clients often ask me for shots of them nursing their babies and I love when they do. Not many things are more sweet and tender and beautiful than the nursing relationship. But in the 2 1/2 years that I've been a nursing mama, I've never captured this image for myself. Until now! Thank you, Trevor, for helping me to get this.

Day 19: February 10
My favorite part of this image is my hand holding Wally's and the way his hand is curled around my thumb. But mostly I just love that this captures a moment of Wally-love.

4 comments:

The Blue Suitcase said...

A comment can't really show you the tears in my eyes. I love you guys!

Caroline said...

Just beautiful, Jess! That picture makes me so excited to do that all over again when the small man arrives. Love you guys!

Kelly said...

Perfect! A month of Wally-love couldn't be complete without this nursing shot. What an incredible representation of who you are as a mama and the relationship you and Wally have. I love it!

Angel said...

So beautiful and touching. YOu're a graceful mom and I enjoyed this touching moment.