Friday, September 5, 2008

Mama (to be) Mackenzie

Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Mackenzie, mother-to-be, in her Seattle home for some belly photos. This woman has a body that just won't quit -- even at 36 weeks pregnant -- and I have to admit, I was more than a little jealous. I arrived armed with all kinds of fabric drapes and backdrops, but after touring her home, I was more interested in shooting Mackenzie in her everyday environment -- because it's GORGEOUS! I love all the clean lines and bright spots of color. I don't know if it was the feng shui or Mackenzie's calm demeanor, but I immediately felt at home.

This west-facing window brought in lots of light. I love how sophisticated (and sexy) Mackenzie is here.

Isn't her belly PERFECT?
The red door thrilled me, as did the green shoes, but there's something so moving about a woman looking down at her belly, her baby. It's a communion between the two, and it's just beautiful.
I had to include this one of Oliver walking by.
Another luscious belly shot.
Girly and sweet.
Mod mama.
And here is my absolute favorite shot of the day.

Mackenzie, our time went by way too fast. I can't wait to see you again next week for part two!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I love the mod-mama shot (so artistic, and the lines of the shirt/dress are so striking), and the one of her looking down at her belly is amazing. Beautiful!