Saturday, September 20, 2008

Becca and Jesse: 8 years and going strong

What a week! I'm learning that when the previous week entails 6 sessions in 5 days, the current week becomes a frenzy of editing and post-production, which is pretty hard to do with a 14 month-old. Thankfully, this week ended with a mini-getaway to the Salish Lodge for Trevor and I to celebrate our third anniversary. We've been counting the days until this weekend for over a month, and yes, it was worth it. The hot stone massages, the tranquility pools, the room-service and chocolate pot were all fabulous, but it all pales in comparison with the first full night of sleep we've had in 14 months. Yep, Abigail stayed with Grandma and Grandpa! And of course she slept 7 and a half straight hours for them. If only she would do that at home...

Speaking of anniversaries, Becca and Jesse recently celebrated their EIGHTH! Last Saturday we took the ferry over to Poulsbo (actually to Kingston and then we drove to Poulsbo) for some anniversary pictures. I'd say eight years merits some new pictures! I had been dying to do a session in this little Norwegian town for a while. The bright colors had been calling to me. We had lunch at Jay's Fish Cafe and then worked it off walking through town and taking pictures along the way.


Plenty of silly moments, as you can see...
Becca is the most avid reader. Need a book recommendation? Ask her. That's why I love this picture.


One of my favorites...

Awwww...
Such a fun little diner. We didn't eat here, but I couldn't pass up a retro shot like this...



Becca is one of the most photogenic people I know. I didn't realize that until this shoot. Every time I looked at my camera's display of a picture I had just taken, I was stunned all over again at how beautiful she is and how she just can't look bad. It's a little sickening, really.

Becca and Jesse, sorry it took me so long to get this sneak peak ready for you. I hope you see some you like. Happy anniversary!

No comments: