Tuesday, August 4, 2009

More of Waldron

Before Wally was born I couldn't wait for him to arrive so I could start photographing him. I had all kinds of plans for fabulous shots and pictures every day. What happened? As it turns out, it's a lot harder to be the photographer AND the new mom than I thought it would be. Between recovering from giving birth, the extreme heat of last week, caring for a two-year old, and adjusting to a lack of sleep, my plans for photos got a bit lost.

Wally was 10 days old when I finally got around to part two of his newborn shots. That may still sound very new, but it's really on the outside edge of newborn-ness. He was already more difficult to get to sleep (and keep asleep) than he had been, and I was feeling some serious pressure to just get ANYTHING before he graduated from newborn to baby right in front of me.

What have I learned from all this?
1. New moms need to take it easy or they pay the price later.
2. (For all my clients out there) I prefer to photograph newborns during the first week if at all possible.
3. Sometimes you just have to cut yourself some slack and relax.


All that being said, here are some of my favorites from Wally's 10-day-old photo session.


Big yawn!
Sweet feet.

Oh, the lips!
Wearing the hat that Kelly made for him. Thanks, Kelly!
More (peeling) feet, and a crusty bellybutton. He lost his cord on day 7.
Waldron has been a dream baby so far. He sleeps and eats and that's about it. We venture out every once in a while in the sling (which he loves) and car trips have been a breeze. I know it could all change without a moment's notice, but we are having a great time together right now. Woops! I just heard a monster poop, so I'll end this here. Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Blue Suitcase said...

Those lips made me gasp! Amazing! I'm still abuzz with the glow of joy from your amazing birth. I can't wait for more Wally pics! He is magnificent!