Saturday, August 29, 2009

Newborn Sadie

I LOVE my job. I meet all kinds of wonderful people during the most miraculous, life-changing periods of their lives and get to play with babies on top of it all. Today I (accompanied by Trevor and Wally again -- I'm going to have to get Wally to try breastmilk in a bottle pretty soon) met Jen and Dave and their not-quite two-week old daughter, Sadie. I felt instantly drawn to this couple, and as we chatted through the session I liked them more and more. Their beautiful daughter seems to have already inherited her parents' mellow attitude and her mama's gorgeous red hair. Here are a few from our morning.

Jen and Dave requested some open-eyed shots. Luckily, Sadie was awake and alert when we arrived. I love the owl eyes in the background.
This was the first time Sadie had been in her crib. She looked so small!
Kisses from Mama. Beautiful eyes and you can see Sadie's hand by her face -- her favorite method of comfort.
Love this foot shot. Toes spread and everything!
A father-daughter moment.

Bum!
Sadies hands and feet were pretty peel-y -- a reminder of how new this baby really is.
Jen's friend made this ADORABLE hat.
A new favorite.
And finally a family shot. So much love here!
Jen and Dave, I had a fabulous time with you today. Your home is gorgeous and really reflects who you are. I loved watching you with your daughter and seeing how much love and peace she lives in. I'm honored to have met you!

No comments: