Sunday, September 6, 2009

Welcome Calum

Eight days ago, Jennifer and Grady welcomed their son, Calum, into the world. At 6 pounds, 13 ounces, he was a little guy, but perfect and healthy and absolutely beautiful. This morning my entourage (Trevor and Wally) and I met the new family at their house for some newborn photos. Sadly, it was the darkest day of the summer, which presents a challenge to an exclusively natural-light photographer, but we cranked up the heat (and the ISO) and caught the following images.

When I met Calum (a traditional Scottish name, I'm told), I was struck by how perfectly round his little head is and how delicate his sweet features are. This is one good-looking boy. Mum and Dad said this was the most alert Calum has been during his first week.
Teeny feet. This was Calum's first time in his crib.
See how pretty? (I'm sorry, but he IS! And I don't think it's a bad thing at all for a boy to be pretty.)
Kissable lips.
Love the prayer feet here and his hands by his face.
Jennifer looks terrific eight days after giving birth. Her profile is breathtaking.
Mum and babe again. I couldn't resist.
Proud Daddy and son. Grady's smile is infectious and I couldn't believe how well Calum was able to focus on me.
Happy, happy family.
And a bonus shot. Lots of grain, but worth it to capture Mickey's kiss.
Jennifer and Grady, your joy is so obvious. Thank you for allowing me to photograph you during this time and share in your happiness. Working with you brightened my week! I hope you see some photos to love.

No comments: