Monday, June 29, 2009

We've had our session. Now what??

Yes, there are the standard prints you can order to put in frames. But what are some other ways to display photos from your session? The options are endless, but I finally took some photos of a few that I've come to love.

First up, the image box. A nice alternative to a more traditional album, I can create a custom box with an image from your session on the cover and your favorite images of the session (probably 20-25) printed on styrene to go inside. Recognize this little one-year-old? One of my very first sessions.

And a shot of the prints inside -- each with a border around the photo.

I'm partial to this view of the back.
Now on to wall displays. Many of you know that I am planning on giving birth at home. We moved into one of the back bedrooms of the house to give Wally a room, but Trevor insisted that we didn't have time to paint the walls. Give (or recover from) birth in a blank builder-beige room? Not me! So we created our shrine to Abigail.
We mixed prints printed on different materials to create a little depth in our grouping. Here you can see a photo on styrene that we mounted using a wood block to make it lift off of the wall. Underneath is one of our stand-outs. The edges are black and are 3/4" thick. I love that we didn't need frames for any of these.
A closer view of a couple stand-outs. I think these are sized as 16x24. A little 8x10 just doesn't cut it for me anymore. I want to see my photos BIG!
The "fresh fruit" photo is printed on matboard and hangs smoothly against the wall. Simple, modern, and easy.
Once our wall grouping was complete, I turned my attention to the opposite wall. Trevor built me this shelf, and it is a great place to display a mix of framed and unframed prints as well as some of Abby's artwork. I just need to get some flowers for the vase.
Recognize this? The shot that makes the header of my blog, but printed as a 16x20 standout. It leans against the wall nicely.

And finally, a sample of the birth announcements I am excited to offer. Remember Charlie? I can custom create announcements for boys or girls and have them printed front and back on 5x5 cards. I can't wait to make Wally's! Here is a sample front:
And back.
I hope that gives you some ideas of just a few other products that One Tree Photography can offer. All you have to do is ask! If you are interested in any of the above options, send me an email and I can give you prices and customization options. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love the idea of the frameless wall art! I'd love to get an idea of price and size options. Is 16X24 the largest size you offer? I'm thinking about what I can put on the wall over our crib, and this might be perfect! Also, how long does it take to arrive from the day we order?

We have lots of time to discuss options, but I'm just curious to get an idea.

Cheers!
Lisa Waite