Sunday, June 7, 2009

Craving Color

Shelley and Brian met me over in Poulsbo on Saturday for some belly photos. I love shooting in Poulsbo, a little Norwegian town on the water that is FILLED with color. Shelley told me that she used to dress pretty monochromatically and with a lot of black, but since she's been pregnant she wants color, color, color! I love that pregnancy brings out this creative force in women. Maybe it's just in crazy dreams, or maybe we take up a new hobby, or maybe we embrace a new palette designed to draw attention, but pregnant women experience a surge of creativity. I love it! Anyway, here are some photos from our color-filled session.


We started out at Brian's parents house - a veritable park -- for some more nature-y shots.

I love these peonies!
Shelley and Brian have been together a LONG time, but they've still got great chemistry.
I've been wanting to use this umbrella (or is it a parasol?) for a while.
Back behind the house is a greenbelt where the neighbor kids play football. It was covered with yellow bushes. I guess they are weeds, but I love them!
And now we're in old-town Poulsbo.


A fun one that we can all appreciate.

One of my favorites.
Color, anyone?

Toward the end of the session Shelley wondered if perhaps Brian was feeling a little neglected. So we gave him his own (almost) shot!
And finally another shot of Shelley and her gorgeous eyes. She has got that soulful stare DOWN!

Shelley and Brian, I had so much fun in Poulsbo with you! Thanks for a great evening. I'm so excited for you and your soon-to-arrive little boy. I hope you find some photos here to love!

1 comment: