Monday, June 29, 2009

Sun-flare, anyone?

After a long and difficult journey, Lisa and David are expecting their son in early August. Lisa told me that they've been taking pictures of her belly throughout her pregnancy, so what they really need is pictures of them as a couple. As expectant parents. As a family ready to welcome its newest member. I'm so thrilled to have had the opportunity to meet such a loving twosome, and now I'm even more excited to meet their little boy when he arrives in August!

We started our session at their home in Redmond. I don't think I've seen a baby's room more complete! Every detail was in place and it was GORGEOUS. Here's just one shot from the indoor part of our session, but I think it speaks volumes.
As sunset approached, we headed to Marymoor Park to catch some beautiful evening light. Yes, I went a little sun-flare happy, but oh! how fun!
You could say all kinds of things about this shot as a metaphor for two people coming together and the power of their connection. I just really, really like it.

Such an adorable little belly! Lisa is teeny tiny to begin with and her baby is LOW, so it was sometimes a challenge to show her belly off the way it deserves to be shown. I think we got it here.


Ahhh!

I kept commenting on Lisa's beautiful eyes during our shoot, but as I was editing photos, David's jumped out at me, too. Lucky baby no matter whose eyes he gets!

A new all-time favorite.
And another!
Lisa and David, thank you for a wonderful evening. I guess I should have realized how late it was when the sun actually went down, but I got so excited with everything we did. I hope you enjoy your sneak peak, and I look forward to seeing you with your baby boy in August!

4 comments:

drw said...

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the great shoot! We both had a great time and this sneak peak is fantastic -- the pictures turned out great. You were a perfect creative director.

Can't wait to see the full set!

Thanks again.
David

Lisa said...

Oh, Jessica! Thank you, thank you, thank you -- we are so thrilled with our sneak preview!

The pictures (thanks to your talent) are just gorgeous and brought a tear to my eye. It's really been such a struggle for Dave and I to get here (after 9 years of marriage, we're finally pregnant!) so we wanted to be sure to capture this moment in time together. We will cherish our pregnancy photos forever, and can't believe that there are even more great pictures in our gallery awaiting us. You have a great eye, and were so easy and fun to work with -- always making us feel comfortable and confident. I will definitely recommend you to anyone who is looking for a great photographer, and cannot WAIT for our newborn session!!!

Hopefully our little guy has a name by then ;)

Lisa

The Blue Suitcase said...

These are too gorgeous. Amazing, amazing!

Caroline said...

Beautiful pictures, Jessica!! You never fail to amaze me. :)