Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Welcome Charlie!

Something about 10-day-old Charlie really got to me. Was it that he's a boy and I'm four weeks (or so) away from meeting my own? Very possibly. But he also slept like an angel and let me do pretty much whatever I wanted with him. Add in two over-the-moon in love parents and it would be hard for anyone to not be completely smitten. See if you can resist his charms in the following photos!

A close-up of sweet little lips.
I've got lots of new favorites from this session. This is one.
A little yawn.
Charlie's daddy, Eric, is from Wyoming, and Charlie's room is decked out in this vintage cowboy print. A smile!
Mama Natalie looking beautiful with her boy.
As I was shooting this, Natalie was fighting tears behind me.

Love the long limbs dangling. I'm telling you, this boy let us do WHATEVER we wanted.
So, did having a subject who was completely cooperative (well, except for the pooping/peeing all over us at the end) mean that this session was over in a flash? Of course not. Between my long pauses to admire gorgeous Charlie and my desire to try out just one more thing, the session lasted just as long as if we'd had to soothe the babe to sleep after every shot. Oh well. Natalie and Eric were a joy to hang out with and I'm so, so happy for them. Enjoy your sneak peak, guys!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh wow, Jessica! You have out-done yourself again. Amazing pictures of gorgeous little Charlie! Isn't he an angel?? The shot of Eric and Charlie made me cry. The love my two wonderful friends have for their little man is so sweet and special. Thank you for preserving those moments of Charlie and his super special parents. Love, Caroline

Unknown said...

I second that! As the proud mama I couldn't be happier with this sneak peak. I can't imagine there are more amazing pictures waiting for us to view. These are just fabulous! After the photo session Eric and I both said how nice it was to just relax and take in every moment with our boy. Thank you for providing memories that we will fondly hold onto forever!

Angel said...

Well, Eric's are naturally good dad's *grin*

This is a beautiful newborn session. I'm constantly amazed at how, even nine months pregnant, you never miss a beat....at least that's what your photos tell us. The dangling limbs photo has to be my favorite!

The Blue Suitcase said...

Jess, from this post I gleaned a hint about how hard your job really is... your photos make it look so darn easy! Beautiful!