Sunday, December 20, 2009

Presenting Osa

I'm still stunned at how smoothly little Osa's newborn session went today. I arrived just as she finished nursing, we did some wide-eyed shots while she was alert, and then she calmly drifted off to sleep without any effort at all. We played with sleeping Osa for a bit (ok, I did wake her up once, but she went right back to sleep) and then when she woke up we did some calm shots in her parents' arms. That was it! No nursing, shushing, swaying, bouncing needed. I think I'm spoiled.


In addition to completely surrendering to whatever I had in store, Osa is simply beautiful. Gorgeous round head with a hint of blonde hair, full cheeks, rosy lips, and clear, pink skin. Merry Christmas to me! Oh, and the house was full of friends and Olive the dog, yet it still felt completely mellow. How is all of this possible? Tina and Jens, I think you live a charmed life.


Presenting Osa Meredith, one week old.
Contemplative girl.
Daddy is obviously smitten. Even across the room he looks at Tina and Osa with love.
Mama and babe.
This is the blanket Tina made for her baby.
Off to sleep. The hand under the cheek makes such an adorable pout.
Bum in the air.
A smile!

I keep coming back to this shot. I LOVE it. Is it the hand curled by her face or the full, shiny lips? I don't know, but it's a new favorite.
New parents in love.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!
Tina and Jens, it was a pleasure to meet you and your wonderful daughter. It seems like you've gotten your Christmas wish. Congratulations!

No comments: