Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Born at Home: Peter Lawrence

There's nothing like the high birth provides -- whether you are the one giving birth or attending it. I want to tell the whole story of Kelly's beautiful birth, but I'm desperately tired, so it will have to wait until I have more photos done. In the meantime, here are a few of Peter Lawrence and his perfect arrival. 10:10am, 9lbs, 21 inches, born at home.

Pulling Peter (though they didn't know yet that it was Peter) up onto her chest from the water.
Overwhelmed with love. Minutes after this, Kelly kept saying, "You're so soft!" Love the tongue.
During his newborn exam. Peter checked out perfectly.
I love the blurry outline of Kelly's face looking at her son. She made that hat!
The new family of four. Fitting that Naomi was too absorbed in "her" baby to look up. Doesn't Kelly look beautiful?
So much more to share, but those will have to wait. It was an amazing day. I was sobbing when Peter was born; I was just so happy for my friends. As it turns out, it's hard to take photos when your eyes are filled with tears. Congratulations on your beautiful, normal, natural home birth!

5 comments:

The Blue Suitcase said...

Oh, my eyes are filled with tears! Congratulations, Kelly! And beautiful work, Jessica!

Miss J said...

Beautiful Jessica! I'll all teared up here in a cafe. Congratulations to a beautiful family!

Mandy said...

Jess these are such wonderful photos!!! I love the one of the family where Naomi can't stop staring at Peter. :) Kelly you look stunningly beautiful in these photos and PETER is just a handsome little man! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

I love the story these pictures tell! I had to pull over to the side of the road and read this blog entry on my cell after I got Kelly's email that pics were up. I couldn't wait!

Emily Weaver Brown said...

awesome photos Jess, I especially love the first one!