Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Five Months

My baby, baby Wallyman is growing up. In all the Christmas chaos, we stopped to do a few photos to celebrate. First up, his monthly head shot.

And instead of making you jump around to all the all blog posts, here's a quick look at months one through five. More hair, more definition in his face, same blue eyes. (If you click on the photo you can see it bigger.)
So many new developments this month. Wally is rolling from back to tummy now as he tries to reach toys that have escaped him. Today when I put him on his tummy for this shot, he kept rolling onto his back. My days of having a captive subject are numbered. I love the bum in this shot. We gave him a bath in Grandma French's sink beforehand and man, I love squeezing that bare tush. And see the arm creases?
Rolling isn't Wally's only new trick, and I really wasn't prepared for this one to come so quickly. Guess who's sitting!
He is pretty stable if he holds onto the floor, but he can hold a sit for a few seconds when focused on a toy. Can you believe it? I was expecting him to do this MUCH later. And here's my favorite shot of the day. It just seems very BABY to me. He's so squishy and soft.
Wally has increased his vocalizations to add more consonants, and da-da is a favorite. He also has a bunch of new squeaks and squeals and songs. We've started to put Wally in the ExerSaucer and the jumperoo, and being upright has opened up his world. And mine. I took a shower while both kids were awake yesterday!

Wally continues to be mellow and happy and brings smiles to everyone around him. I'm feeling extremely blessed this holiday season, and I'm wishing all of you that kind of joy. Happy holidays!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures as usual, especially the last one!