Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Mama-to-be-again Dawne

One of my hopes for every pregnant woman is that she has photos of herself and her belly to look back on. We forget so quickly what it felt like to carry our babies inside of us, how magical it is to feel the baby move, and how strange and wonderful those big bellies are. When my friend Dawne told me that she actually liked her pregnant form better this time around (she has a two-year-old son, Sawyer, who was born the same day as Abigail), I insisted on doing a few belly pics. I'm so glad I did because I've got some new favorites!

I love the light and Dawne's tender expression here.
A classic close-up.
Sawyer and Mama. Aren't his eyes great?

Beautiful eyes and cheek bones, with a hint of belly in the background.
Dawne, Tony, and Sawyer. The family of three, soon to be four.

And the much-desired, though not often captured, sibling kissing the belly/baby shot. I love it!
Dawne, I hope some of these will help you to remember how beautiful you are and how anticipated this little baby is. I can't wait to meet Sawyer's, baby brother or sister. I guess it won't be long now! Enjoy!

1 comment:

The Blue Suitcase said...

Jess, you are right! It is so important for a mama to have ways of remembering what her belly was like, with child. I wish I had known this the first time, and won't miss my chance for the next!