Thursday, December 4, 2008

Welcome Miss Eloise

There is magic in a newborn baby. How else can you explain the complete enchantment we feel in a newborn's presence? I could sit and watch a newborn baby the way I could sit for hours and watch a fire or ocean waves. Lucky for me, we hadn't set any time limits on my session with 2-week-old Eloise (isn't that a great name?), because she had me completely under her spell. She is a tiny little thing at 6 pounds 11 ounces, but she was absolutely mellow and a joy to work with. Here are some favorites from the day:


Love this of mama (Jennifer) and baby.
Look at her lips! Luscious.

See how teeny?


Eloise really just melted into sleep wherever we put her. I think the heating pad helped.
Probably my favorite of the day -- though there are some others that come close.
She just about ate Jennifer's nose.
Bright eyes on a gorgeous handmade quilt.
Wide awake.
Ohh, another runner for favorite shot of the day.
Jennifer, thanks so much for having me over and letting me drool over your beautiful daughter. As I was reviewing images, the strength of the bond already between you and Eloise, was SO obvious and heartwarming. Congratulations. I hope you see some photos you'll love.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Jessica,

You have completely outdone yourself again! What a talent you have. I am so excited that we have newborn shots of Eloise....she is such a gorgeous baby and a blessing to our entire family. Thank you for the beautiful images!

Eloise's proud Auntie,
Caroline