Sunday, January 24, 2010

Meeting Mia

Mia was due on Christmas day but kept her family waiting until January 7th to make her arrival. I think her parents would say that this little one was worth the wait. And I'll bet that after you see these sweet blue eyes, you'll agree.
At just over two weeks old, Mia was more of a catnapper than a deep-sleeper. It's amazing how quickly those sleep patterns change. We did catch some sleepy images though. Love the hands curled by her face.
Proud mama and daddy.
Even though her sleeping periods were brief, she stayed pretty calm while she was awake.
And then she'd drift off again. It's hard to resist the heating pad and my constant shushing. This is one of my favorites from the day. I'd love to see this on a big canvas.
And oh! Awake again. Is she stretching or surrendering? Either way, it's hilarious.
Trying to eat daddy's nose.
A new mom and baby favorite. Sheryl and Mia smiling together. Gorgeous!
And at the very end of our session, we did some shots in the dress Sheryl came home with her parents in. I think every girl in my generation had a dress in this fabric, and one for her doll, too. Feeling safe and cozy in Grandma's arms, Mia drifted back off to sleep. Isn't this the definition of peace?
Congratulations Sheryl and Armando on your beautiful baby girl. She is picture perfect, and I had a wonderful time with you and your family. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Miss J said...

Your photos are SO beautiful Jessica! What a talent you have!