Sunday, October 11, 2009

Seconds

Babies, babies, everywhere! So many of my friends are having babies this year, and for many of them (us), it is their second. Remember my friend Dawne from this post? We've been waiting and waiting for her to have her baby so we could find out the sex, and on Wednesday she gave birth to a beautiful boy. Dawne's birth story is wonderful and encouraging and thrilling, and I'm so glad that she had such a powerful experience. I think she'd agree with me when I say that seconds are fabulous! It's so nice to be able to relax and feel like you know what you're doing with your baby. There's more time to actually enjoy your baby instead of just worrying constantly.

Anyway, Cole Emerson (love that name!) turned four days old at seven o'clock this evening. Oh, how I love the new, new ones! He slept and slept for us. Here are a few from our afternoon.

Beautiful light and shadow.
A glowing foot.
I like how his ears are just a tad elfish here.
Father and son.
Mama and Cole. Someone wants a kiss!

The family of four shot can be pretty elusive. Big brother Sawyer didn't especially want to be in pictures, but I adore this shot.
Sigh.
A sort of sibling shot. I like that Cooper the dog is in this, too.
And my favorite of the day. I'm surprised that it is, but I can't stop looking at the colors and textures. Click on it and view it big. His mouth is such a PERFECT shape.
Congratulations on your gorgeous baby and family, Dawne! I'm looking forward to lots of playdates and watching Wally and Cole grow up together. Yay for seconds!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

These are all beautiful, but I am especially nuts about the picture of Dawne and Cole. Mama and Baby so sweet together!