Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Three's Company

Saturday marked a first for me: multiples. But did I start with twins? Nope. I jumped right to triplets, and man, did I have my work cut out for me! Jacob and Erin invited me over to photograph their three nearly 6 week-old babies. I expected chaos when I walked in the door, but instead Erin was calmly sitting on the couch with baby boy Chase. Reece was sleeping in the Pack and Play, and tiny Kate slept in daddy's arms. All seemed in perfect order, though Erin assured me that the last 6 weeks have been HARD.

Once I got set up and ready to shoot, I quickly realized that this wouldn't be like any other session. Getting the babies together and sleeping at the same time would prove to be nearly impossible as the day progressed. I did capture a few images of the babies individually, and I'm hoping that Jacob and Erin will like what they see here.

Little Kate (5 and a half pounds) decided that she loved the sheepskin. She slept, and slept, and slept while her brothers ate each others' heads and grabbed each others' cheeks. I love this detail shot. How many kisses have these tiny ears already gotten?
Kate sprawled in contentment. Jacob and Erin said that Kate is the feisty one, but you'd never know it here.

After Kate's long nap, her brothers finally conked out. Of course, by then, Kate was wide awake. Here's Chase (8 pounds) in dreamland.
And then Reece (also 8 pounds) decided to join him.
We added Kate when it seemed that the brothers were in a deep enough sleep. I love how she's waving at us in this shot.
Reece loved sleeping on his tummy. The little creases on his arm are adorable!
Can you see how much smaller Kate is than her brothers? One amazing thing about these guys is how different they all are. Different hair, skin tones, bone structure, temperments...definitely three individuals. How about this bum shot?
Again, Kate is wide awake while her brothers snooze. I think we should have broken out the swaddles earlier. They really seemed to do well in them.

Jacob and Erin, you have a beautiful family. I know there have got to be moments when you just don't know how to go on (hey, I had more than my share with just ONE baby!), but you are doing a wonderful job. Just keep taking one day at a time. I hope that these images bring you joy. Thanks so much for letting me play!

1 comment:

Erin @ 3 Meadow Lake Cottage said...

I LOVE the pictures! You did a fabulous job, even though it was quite frustrating at times! We will treasure these pictures forever. Thanks a ton!!