Sunday, January 4, 2009

Angel Mama

Saturday morning it was time for me to get back behind the camera. And what better subject to photograph than a beautifully pregnant Angel? This was my first maternity session since I've been pregnant, and it came at a perfect time. Seeing Angel and Eric's overflowing love for each other and for the little girl she is carrying, reminded me of all those wonderful feelings I experienced with Abigail. After a rather miserable (morning-sickness-wise) holiday season, I needed the reminder that there are wonderful things ahead. Now on to the pictures!

The weather in the Seattle area has been crazy cold lately (and it's snowing now!), so we kept most of this session indoors. I love these close-up belly shots.
Angel has had more than her share of pregnancy aches and pains, but you'd never know it from the smile on her face.
One thing (of many) that I love about this couple is the way they've included family in the whole experience. Here you have Angel's hand on top and then clockwise from there is Eric, Angel's mom, and her 12 year-old sister. This baby is literally surrounded by love.
Teeny tiny baby booties. And they'll probably be big on baby for a while.
Eric is an extremely supportive and loving husband. Watching them together just makes me smile.

A bit of the wilder side.
The tank (Eric's) that I hear she's been living in around the house. Love this smile!
I wanted to get a couple of shots outside. So this one is half-way out...
And then we went all the way.
My favorite shot of the day -- hands down.

Angel and Eric, thank you so much for inviting me to your home and allowing me to capture this amazing time in your lives. It was such a pleasure to be in the presence of your joy and love for each other. I can't wait for the birth! I hope you find some images to love. Enjoy!



3 comments:

Janet said...

How exciting and wonderful to see such beautiful photos of Angel, Eric and Baby E. I Love each of you so very, very much.

Janet
(bonus mom)

Anonymous said...

Those are awesome photos! You're a cute preggo and look awesome. I love the outdoor shots. I might just have to do this for my second pregnancy - oh and yes, he has agreed that there will be a second. I haven't told anyone else so just keep it under your hat. ;-) I can't wait to meet baby E.

Erica

smarmoofus said...

These photos are beautiful. You've really captured Angel's glow.