Thursday, November 13, 2008

Baby Fever: Macy

I'll bet you're thinking that I've been slacking and that's why there haven't been any new posts recently. HARDLY! Trevor and I have been frantically working on my brand new website which should (hopefully!) launch next week. I'm so proud of it, and I'll be so relieved to have my entire portfolio in one place! I'll let you know as soon as it's up.

I took a break from website work yesterday and got back behind the camera. I think I chose the absolute darkest, rainiest day of the year for this session, but even with the lighting challenges, I had a wonderful time and love some of the images we created. I met Macy and her mama, Tish, at their GORGEOUS home near Lake Washington and was immediately intimidated by the artistry I saw in every detail of Tish's design. The coolest part? Macy's room! It is actually the laundry room (strange, yes, but amazing!), complete with giant sink and washer and dryer. (Come on, moms out there. Wouldn't that be heaven?) The way Tish made the most of a very small space -- not only making it functional but beautiful and fun -- well, I was very impressed. Of course I don't have any pictures to show of it because I'm good at kids, not rooms. Believe me, it was fabulous.

On to the pictures I do have! We made the most of the light in the master bedroom. Macy enjoyed some naked time on the bed.

Blue, blue eyes. And a gorgeous handmade blanket. Have I said before how much I love knitted/crocheted things?


Such a happy, mellow little baby. What would that be like?
At the kitchen door. Doesn't she look like she's ready to go out and play?
We experimented with some holiday shots. Tish makes these hair clips! Don't be surprised if you see Abigail with some in the future. So serious!
It may be hard to tell, but Macy is holding a giant Christmas ornament. She was fascinated. I love that the family pictures are in the background of this shot.
Don't freak out! Mama is right there, ready to catch, though she wasn't needed. Macy is getting the hang of sitting quite well.
Her lips! Her eyes!
Yes, it seems I have an addiction to baby feet.
And here is the shot that would have made the whole day worthwhile, even if we hadn't taken another picture. I ADORE this. Her hand on the glass, the raindrops, the reflection of her hand, the peaceful, slightly wistful expression...I can't stop looking at it.

Tish and Macy, I so loved meeting you and seeing your beautiful home. Yes, I was a little awestruck, but your genuine warmth and easy conversation made me feel entirely at home. Thanks for a wonderful, rainy morning!
PS. I'm still looking for newborn models, if anyone knows anyone!








No comments: