Monday, March 23, 2009

One month old Graham

Sunday morning I met Graham and his parents, Melissa and West, for his first official photo shoot. At just over five weeks old, Graham was older than the newborns I typically photograph, and I wasn't sure what to expect from our session. As it turns out, there was no need to worry. Graham was an absolute star! So alert and wide-eyed, but mellow too! He liked to stretch out where younger babies curl up, and he didn't want to break eye-contact with the camera. It was so much fun to interact with this guy and to watch him interact with his parents. I hope you get a sense of how fun this day was from the following images.
Like I said, Graham was so ALERT! This is shot through the bars of his (extremely well accessorized) crib. I love his eyes here.
Melissa's grandmother has made her a TON of gorgeous afghans. We tried to incorporate them wherever possible. I decided to try Graham out on his tummy, and all of a sudden he just lifted himself up for my favorite shot of the day.
Daddy lulls Graham to sleep in the Moby Wrap. Ahh, the love...
Graham is adobably asleep here, but my favorite part of this photo is the view of Melissa's face (and her lashes!).
A close-up that melts me.

Melissa and West really make new parenthood look easy. Graham is wearing a hooded shawl that Melissa wore as a baby.
A shot from the loft above their bedroom.
Sweet, sweet sleep.
I believe an aunt made Graham this gorgeous wrap sweater.
And finally one of my new favorite foot shots. I love the light coming through his little toes.
Melissa and West, thank you so much for inviting me to your home to photograph beautiful little Graham. He is absolutely perfect and it really seems like you are natural, joyful parents. There are quite a few more shots to look at, but I hope you like the ones you see here. Enjoy!

No comments: